e-Filing for Industrial Property
What is e-Filing for Industrial Property?
e-Filing is an application that provides online filing for the registration of industrial property rights. Filing becomes thus more available to users independent of the location with a possibility of more efficient data exchange between the SIPO and the users.
What does e-Filing Enable?
e-Filing is an application that provides filing electronically:
* Subsequent submissions include:
- amendments/corrections of a particular application for industrial property or of request for the entry of a European patent in the register of the Office,
- requests for the entry of changes in the register of applications/rights (transfer of property, licences, right restrictions and the like),
- requests for renewal of protection,
- requests for corrections of mistakes in registers,
- amendments/corrections of already submitted requests as previously mentioned,
- payment slips, powers of attorney.
Note: Subsequent submissions may be delivered to the Office via e-Filing application independent of whether an application for industrial property protection as previously filed was received personally, by mail or by using e-Filing application.
Who may be user of an e-Filing service?
The user may be any legal or natural person intending to register industrial property.
All users, except in case of filing a one-time application, have additional possibilities: to browse through their applications previously filed, to monitor application status and to deliver subsequent submissions to the application.
Each user of e-Filing shall be entitled to a discount when filing an application electronically in accordance with the (OG No. 119/2021).
Basic prerequisites for using an e-Filing
The prerequisites for using an e-Filing are as follows:
- a smart card or a cryptographic USB with a qualified digital certificate issued by the FINA or the AKD (Agency for Commercial Activity) and an electronic personal identity card with an AKD certificate,
- USB reader (when using a smart card),
- personal computer with the Windows 7 operational system or higher and Internet access,
- installed software support for USB / smart card,
- installed SIPO’s application for digital signature.
USB / smart card serves for digital signing of a request, which is a prerequisite for electronic filing of application.